This delicious starter from our friends at Coldani Olive Ranch is smooth and full of flavor.
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed and drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion (red or white)
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Calivirgin Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Add as needed till proper texture )
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or pinch of cayenne pepper to taste salt and ground black pepper to taste
Combine the peas, cumin, onion, and garlic in the container of a food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Add lemon juice and olive oil, and process just to blend. Taste and season with red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Blend for just a few more seconds, and transfer to a serving bowl. Serve with chips, crackers, or fresh veggies.
** While this stores well in the fridge for multiple days, it is best served at room temperature.