- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup of flax seed
- 3/4 cup of medium COOC certified EVOO
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- Jam – flavor of choice
- Almond butter
- Place flours, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Add the olive oil, egg yolks, milk, and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites to soft peaks with an electric beater on high speed 3 to 4 minutes. Fold the whites into the batter.
- Preheat a griddle, lightly greased, over medium-high heat until pan is hot.
- When bubbles set on the surface of the pancake and the bottom is golden, flip and cook until golden brown on the other side.
- Serve immediately with almond butter and your favorite jam!
All images and text ENZO’s Table (adapted by COOC).