The COOC represents over 90% of the olive oil producers in the state of California.
Joining the California Olive Oil Council provides numerous benefits to support and expand your business including:
- Seal approval for extra virgin olive oils that pass the certification process, allowing those bottles to display the recognized and trusted COOC seal
- Networking opportunities with extra virgin olive oil producers and other industry professionals
- Marketing opportunities via the COOC booth at professional tradeshows
- Workshops providing support and insight into different aspects of your business
- Information and guidance for newcomers to the industry
- A monthly newsletter covering essential news affecting the industry
- Marketing, promotion, and advocacy for the California extra virgin olive oil market
Join at your appropriate level today.
Membership is open to olive oil producers and professionals associated with the industry (Industry Affiliates). *
For growers and producers of olive oil, membership is based on projected gallons of production per year (Tier 1-6). Re-packers should join at the tier level, which represents their volume. Retailers, service providers and friends of the industry should join at the Industry Affiliate level. The COOC member year runs from July 1 to June 30 annually. Renewing members are expected to complete their renewal by August 15. After this deadline, renewing members are subject to a $50 administrative fee.
*Service providers and friends of the industry are encouraged to join at the Industry Affiliate Level. All members, regardless of production or affiliation, may upgrade to any higher level.
*The COOC member year runs from July 1-June 30.
*If you don’t want to renew online, download a hard copy of the membership agreement to join or renew your membership by mail.
*The COOC is member-based and financed non‐profit 501(C)6 trade and marketing association. Your contribution of support is greatly appreciated.
*All membership purchases are non-refundable
Contact us for questions regarding membership.
Growers & Producers: 500 gallons or less per year
Growers & Producers: 501 – 2,500 gallons per year
Growers & Producers: 2,501 – 5,000 gallons per year
Growers & Producers: 5,001 – 20,000 gallons per year
Growers & Producers: 20,001-75,000 gallons
Growers & Producers: 75,001 gallons or more per year
Industry Affiliate Level
This category may include but is not limited to nurseries, mills, retailers, orchard management, printers, bottle suppliers, consultants, restaurants, chefs, educators, orchard equipment suppliers, irrigation equipment and installation, milling equipment and storage tanks, etc. This category is for non-growers/producers. Re-packers should join at the tier level which represents their volume purchased.