Photo By Alex Lau, Food Styling Susie Theodorou
yield: MAKES 2 CUPS
- 4 heads of garlic, cloves separated, unpeeled
- A small handful of thyme sprigs, rosemary sprigs, and/or bay leaves
- 1 1/2 cups COOC certified EVOO
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Place garlic, herbs, and oil in an 8×8″ baking dish or a small saucepan. Cover with foil and bake until garlic is tender, 60–75 minutes. (You’ll have to pop one out of its skin to test it; it should be soft and jammy). Let cool.
- Garlic confit can be made 2 weeks ahead. Transfer to an airtight container and chill. Reheat over low heat before using.
All images and text Epicurious (adapted by COOC).