Prep Time: 30 mins/ Cook Time: 15 mins/ Serves 2
- 4-6 cleaned, trimmed artichokes (stem included-optional)
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 pinch of peperoncino powder
- a handful of parsley finely chopped
- 3/4 cup California COOC-certified extra virgin olive oil for frying
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb cooked “al dente” spaghetti + small amount of pasta water to use when combining artichokes and pasta together
- Remove all leaves of the artichoke until to arrive to the heart.
- Use a teaspoon to remove the fibrous ‘choke’ buried in the center. Discard that part.
- Blanch your cleaned artichokes in some boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat up some olive oil in a pan on medium heat and once it’s heated add your artichokes. Fry on both sides for a few minutes ensuring they do not burn.
- Add your garlic and peperoncino and give everything a good toss and stir.
- Add the spaghetti, a little bit of pasta water (couple of tablespoons) and combine everything together – keep on heat for another minute or two to let the water absorb.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Plate the spaghetti with the artichokes and garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
- Finish with a generous swirl of extra virgin olive oil
Recipe adapted from Souvlaki For The Soul /Photo credit: souvlakiforthesoul.com