Photo By Ted Cavanaugh
yield: MAKES 2 SERVINGS
- 3 tablespoons COOC certified EVOO
- 2 large eggs
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet (a 10″ skillet is perfect for 2 eggs) over medium-high.
- When oil is shimmering, carefully add eggs one at a time, shaking pan gently after each addition.
- Cook eggs, shaking pan occasionally to keep them from sticking to each other (a rubber spatula can help nudge them apart if needed), until edges are golden brown, about 2 minutes. Carefully tilt skillet toward you so that oil pools at front edge of pan.
- Spoon hot oil over egg whites, especially anywhere they are still translucent, while avoiding yolks, until whites are set, about 1 minute more.
- Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate to blot oil; season with salt and pepper.
All images and text Epicurious (adapted by COOC).