Photo by James Ransom
yield: SERVES 3 total time: 30 MIN
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 bunch parsley leaves, chopped (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped oil-cured olives
- 6 tablespoons COOC certified EVOO
- 1 (2-ounce) tin anchovies, drained of oil and minced into oblivion
- 3 tablespoons drained capers, roughly chopped
- 2 big garlic cloves (or 3 small), peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan (or pecorino)
- Set a big pot of water on the stove over high heat to come to a boil. When it does, add the salt.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Combine the parsley, olives, EVOO, anchovies, capers, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a big bowl.
- When the water is boiling, add the pasta. Cook until al dente (I like to start tasting noodles after 8 minutes). Use tongs to transfer the pasta to the bowl with the sauce. Toss. Season with salt to taste (you probably won’t need it, but always good to check).
- Serve with the cheese alongside for everyone to sprinkle on top.
All images and text Food 52 (adapted by COOC).