Yield: 4 to 6 servings / Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 (1 1/2 pound) piece of skinless salmon fillet (or halibut or cod)
- Kosher Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 lemons, Meyer or regular, thinly sliced, plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 blood orange, mandarin orange or regular orange, thinly sliced
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme, rosemary, oregano or marjoram (optional)
- 2 cups California COOC-certified Olive Oil
- 2 cups fresh herbs, such as parsley, cilantro, dill and tarragon, roughly picked from the stem
- Flaky sea salt
- Heat oven to 300 degrees. Season salmon with salt and pepper on both sides. Place in a large baking dish with sliced lemons, oranges; and thyme, rosemary, oregano or marjoram, if using.
- Drizzle everything with olive oil an bake until salmon is just turning opaque around the edges and is nearly cooked through, 25 to 35 minutes.
- Toss fresh herbs with 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1.5 tablespoons olive oil and flaky salt. Service alongside salmon.
Recipe adapted from “Dining In: Highly Cookable Recipes, by Alison Roman/Photo credit: Michael Kraus@NYTimes