- 4 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 6 tbsp COOC certified EVOO plus more for drizzling
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2“-thick wedges
- 2 15 oz cans garbanzo beans, rinsed
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups plain, whole-milk yogurt
- 5 tbsp fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 medium fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 cup parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix garlic, coriander, cumin, and EVOO in a large bowl. Add sweet potatoes and chickpeas. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Transfer sweet potato mixture to a rimmed baking sheet and spread into an even layer. Wipe out bowl and reserve. Bake, until sweet potatoes are tender, 35-40 minutes.
- Mix yogurt, 2 tbsp lemon juice and a pinch of salt in a small bowl.
- Using reserved bowl, toss fennel, jalapeño (if using), parsley, sesame seeds and remaining 3 tbsp lemon juice. Season with salt.
- Spread yogurt mixture into bowls and top with sweet potato mixture. Scatter fennel salad over and drizzle with more EVOO.
All images and text O Olive Oil (adapted by COOC).